Monday 3 January 2011

First of Many!

I think this is one of the major things that separates us completely from animals. Some of the stories, songs, ideas people create are bewilderingly brilliant. Mozart, Shakespeare, Dickens et all had mesmerising minds. Without knowing where this renewed inspiration has arisen from, my futile dream of emulating these legends has been reborn. Since my return from the shackles and restraints of university reading, my mind is free and I’ve been writing all sorts of things from blogs, story plans and poems to raps and jokes. This is a return to the old me I believe. I used to write all the time but as I leave my youth behind, I’ve maybe left this attribute behind also. I’ve been too lazy for it, too busy and so on but not now. A trip down memory lane takes me back to the first year of college, where I demanded and commandeered my ex girlfriends video camera to make a film of life. Haha grow up kid you could say but it was fun, even if Spielberg could still sleep safe. I captured general banter and had people doing sketches, pranks, and interviews with random people including Boris Johnson who happened to be in town. Crazy. It’s a shame it never made the big screen!! At the minute, I’m looking at this dormant floppy disk that contains a story, which I’m fond of. But due to my family’s technological hindrances, I cannot get a hold of this enchanted tale or finish it. If you know anyone who’s got a computer that uses floppy disks still, please enlighten me. The story isn’t extravagant or flash. I’m into this style as I find it more realistic and subtle. Check out films such as Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby to see what I mean. My story features a young adult coming to grips with the loss of his father, girlfriend and the dull realities of his life. It looks at the changing relationships of family and friends and in doing so captures social problems/issues such as depression, fatherless homes, wavering faith and love amongst other things. It may not be the highest standard. My lack of patience made me rush it, as I wanted my thoughts to immediately transfer onto page. However it’s my blueprint that hopefully I can build on. You’ll see Eastwood directing it in the near future. So the moral of this blog, keep your passions whatever they are and keep your dreams alive. I’ll be uploading numerous blogs soon… stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment